Covid-19 Pre-Training Assessment
COVID-19 Player Code of Conduct
- If you are not comfortable with returning to play, then please stay home.
- It is recommended that all players utilize the “Self-Check” Ontario COVID-19 Self Assessment App
- If you experience any of the symptoms, please follow recommendations and contact
your medical health provider.
- Do not carpool unless with immediate family members.
- Each Player must have their own ball
- Minimize touching the ball with hands.
- Always follow the instructions from coaches and respect physical distancing.
- Arrive no more than 25 minutes prior to activity commencing.
- Do not congregate at the facility entry point.
- Arrive prepared to train – changing rooms will not be in use.
- Bring your own water bottles clearly labelled with your name.
- Make sure water bottles are distanced appropriately from each other.
- Do not share water bottles.
- Follow all Return to Play and Government protocols.
- Physical distancing of two (2) metres (6 feet) must be maintained.
- No more than 1 person per 4m².
- All “non-essential” contacts should be avoided (handshakes, high 5’s, etc.).
- If you are not feeling well, inform your coach immediately.
- Wash and sanitize your training equipment before and after practice (clothes, cleats, shin guards, water, bags)
- Place your personal equipment in designated areas as instructed by the coach.
- Coach is the only person to place/pick up/touch cones, discs or training equipment.
- Only use your own equipment.
- If your ball goes loose for whatever reason, do not chase it.
- Goalkeeper gloves should never be shared and GKs must not spit on their gloves.
General Hygiene Protocol
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water, or with hand sanitizer, immediately before leaving home, after soccer activities, and during scheduled breaks.
- Carry hand sanitizer in order to enable good personal hygiene.
- Do not spit at any time.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow (not your hands).
- Ensure used hygiene products are disposed of properly.
- Clearly label your own water bottle. Do not share bottles.
- Any individual equipment used (e.g. uniform) should be taken home and washed separately from other items in the household.
- Washroom facilities will not generally be available at the training location, so please plan accordingly. Avoid the use of public toilets. However, if necessary, ensure hands are washed thoroughly before and after use.
- Shower at home before and after training.