Good Day to everyone in the West Niagara Interlock Soccer League (WNISL) Communities.
We hope everyone is staying safe during these uncertain times!
As most of you are well aware the Ontario Soccer has postponed all soccer activities through the end of May. With most municipalities announcing Recreation Centres closures until July 1st.
Cautiously, the WNISL Committee have secured July 6 as our starting dates for the WNISL.
Starting dates will be determine on critical key factors:
- When sanctioning will be restored by Ontario Soccer Association and Niagara Soccer Association.
- Once municipalities open Community Centres or have fields available.
- How many teams will each centre have and will it be able to make a division. (older children)
- Could extension of the season be an option playing in September (or weekend games)
These are all unknowns which impact planning for the season.
What we have determined:
- There will be no WNISL Tournament for this season.
- There could be modification on playing nights.
- If the Return to Play is not possible clubs will be looking at options to reimburse player fees
At this point we can only anticipate a date and be prepared to react to that announcement.