Lincoln Soccer Club 2020 Season Update (May 15, 2020)
May 15, 2020

Good Day To Our Lincoln Soccer Community,

As promised, we continue to provide updates on the 2020 season as they become available.

Please Read This Note In Its Entirety

Ontario Soccer has extended its postponement of all sanctioned soccer activities through the end of June. Additionally, many municipalities have announced that all public facilities and playing fields are closed until July 1st.  With this and a number of other unknowns we still do not have a definitive answer as to when the season will start or if we will have one.  Regardless of the unknown we remain optimistic and continue to prepare as a club to host a 2020 summer season.

We understand that the COVID-19 Pandemic has put many families in circumstances that they may have never imagined and playing soccer this summer is no longer a priority.  Therefore, if you have already registered a player(s) for this year and wish to NOT participate in the 2020 season (for any reason) please contact the LSC by June 19, 2020 to receive a FULL REFUND.

After June 19, if the LSC conducts a season any requests for refunds will be subject to an administration charge of $25 (to cover the OSA and other association costs).

If the Lincoln Soccer Club cancels the 2020 season, you will receive a FULL REFUND or CREDIT for the 2021 season.

We know there are still many players, parents and coaches anxious to get back on the field but we will only do so when it is safe for all participants involved.

Season Start Date Will Be Determine On Critical Key Factors:

·         Sanctioning being restored by Ontario Soccer Association and Niagara Soccer Association

·         Municipalities opening public facilities and playing fields

·         Modifications to the traditional schedule (ie: extending season, reducing games, multiple games in a week)

·         Possibility of traditional playing nights changing


Travel Team Update From The NSL

Statement from the NSL: Niagara Soccer League, will continue to plan for return to play for July pending no more further delays. We understand that there could be a further extension, we will continue to work with all clubs and leagues to make sure we follow all guidelines put in place moving forward for a return to play when such date arrives”.

To read future updates from the Ontario Soccer Association

If there are any questions, feel free to contact the Lincoln Soccer Club at 

Thank you, 


<< back